Make your own free website on

The Owner Of This Page Is Not Responsible For The Ad Contents


In Memory Of Baby Hooks #3


Born Into Heaven, November 1997

We didn't do anything different that summer. We just continued trying and praying for a baby. Just four months later, we discovered I was pregnant again. I called the doctor and made an appointment but could not get in until a few weeks later. I had just started the Acteens group at church. I had a mother and daughter who were really giving me a hard time, so I was under a lot of stress. In hindsight, I wonder if I shouldn't have quit teaching but that's another of those things that we will never know. I continued the class on Wednesday nights and the stress got worse.


Around the time that I was to go to the doctor, I started spotting. I called the doctor and they told me to lie down but didn't give me much hope. The bleeding continued to get heavier as the day went on and I knew what was going on. I had been down this road before. I lost the baby that night at eight weeks. This was in November 1997.


Once again, we were devastated. Once again, I felt like a failure. For some reason I was also embarrassed, as if I could have controlled anything that had happened. The doctor ran several tests and examined me and he told us that there was not any reason evident that we should not be able to have another child.


We were back at the start; trying to have another baby and wondering if we should just give up. I really felt God was going to give us another child and as we prayed about the situation, He gave me a peace and sense of assurance that things were going to be fine. So I just tried to relax and wait, knowing that God was going to give us a baby.


He did just that. In May 1998, I found out I was pregnant. I immediately went to the doctor. At the next visit, we heard the heartbeat. Although, everything seemed to be fine, the doctor recommended that I take it easy. I had a couple of trips planned but we decided that I shouldn't go, so I made some changes in my summer plans, but it was worth it.


On January 26, 1999, we had a beautiful, BIG baby boy. He weighed ten pounds and nine ounces, and we named him Jonathan Michael, after his Daddy. There were a few shaky moments during the delivery because he was so big and his face was all bruised when he was born, but that cleared up by the next day and he was beautiful. God truly blessed us.


Please continue on to memorial page four.



back home